MINUTES OF M.C.I.T.T.A. MEETING
The meeting of the MCITTA Board of Directors was called to order at 1731 by Chairman of the Board Vince Burdelski.
Roll call of Board: Vince Burdelski, Chairman - present
Michael Bianchino, Vice Chairman - present
Jack Parker, Treasurer - present
Felix Conde, Executive Assistant - present
Howard Kahn, Member – excused
Financial Report was given by Treasurer Jack Parker: The association is viable. We have sufficient funds to erect the MCITTA Monument.
A report on the status of the MCITTA Monument was given by Harry J. Todd:
The MCITTA Monument Team consists of Harry Todd and Howard Kahn. The ITT Commemorative Monument will honor KIA ITT Marines. It is projected that the Monument will be completed and dedicated in 2012 at the Marine Corps Museum for Carolina Marines at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.
Warren Smith reported on ITT History Questionnaire:
Few MCITTA members have completed the questionnaires. Updated questionnaires were passed out to those present and will be updated on the MCITTA website. It was stated that the questionnaire on the website is in need of repair.
1. A motion was made by Harry Todd and seconded by Sam Lawrence - To consider setting an 18 month period between Gatherings. After very lively discussion the Board voted to deny the motion three to one.
2. A motion was made by Curtis Ferrell and seconded by Mike Bianchino - That the Gatherings schedule should include a weekend and/or holiday. The motion carried by a unanimous Board vote.
3. A motion was made by Harry Todd and seconded by Jose Vizcarra - To seek out a professional reunion organizer to set up the MCITTA Gatherings, provided the organization is vetted by the MCITTA. The motion carried by a unanimous Board vote.
4. A motion was made by Jack Parker and seconded by Curtis Ferrell - To use the Democratic Rules of Order for the MCITTA meetings vice Roberts Rules of Order. The motion was denied by a three to one Board vote.
5. A motion was made by Howard Young and seconded by Jim Riemer - To hold the 2012 MCITTA Gathering in Ft Huachuca, AZ. The motion carried by a unanimous Board vote.
6. A motion was made by Harry Todd and seconded by Jim Riemer - To hold the 2013 Gathering in conjunction with the ITT Commemorative Memorial dedication at Camp Lejeune, NC with the date to be determined. The motion carried by a unanimous Board vote.
With no further business at hand, the meeting was adjourned by the Chairman of the Board Vince Burdelski at 1900.